Essential oils for spring
How to use essential oils for spring cleaning
Hit the refresh button with Purification.
- Put a few drops of Purification® on wool dryer balls to keep laundry smelling sunny.
- Stash Purification-soaked cotton balls at the bottom of garbage cans.
- Diffuse Purification in the car for a springy scent wherever you go.
Deep clean your bathroom with Tea Tree.
- Make a scrub with 1 cup of baking soda, ¼ cup of liquid soap, and 10 drops of Tea Tree. Scrub-a-dub the bathtub, shower, sink, and toilet with a washcloth or scrub brush.
Add a fresh touch to carpets and rugs with Rosemary and Eucalyptus Globulus.
- Add 2 drops each to 1 cup baking soda. Sprinkle over carpets, wait an hour or two, and vacuum up.
Give linens a spring-inspired spritz.
- In a spray bottle, mix 4 ounces of distilled water, 2 ounces of witch hazel, and up to 45 drops of essential oils. Shake and spray on bedding, curtains, or anywhere that needs a lift.
Freshen up your cleaning products.
How to use spring essential oils in your beauty routine
Kick back with German Chamomile and Frankincense.
- Treat yourself to an inspiring soak by adding 10–15 drops of these essential oils to our Bath & Shower Gel Base. Stay tuned for an upcoming blog post for more ways to use essential oils in the bath.
Reveal glowing skin with Manuka and Lavender.
- Apply a drop or two with your daily moisturizer.
Maintain your mane with Jasmine.
- Add a few drops to your favorite hair products or DIY hair mask for nourished, shiny hair and a rich, sultry, floral aroma.
Create a floral perfume.
- Combine 1 drop each of Ylang, Geranium, and Bergamot with 3 drops of V-6™ Vegetable Oil Complex. Apply to your wrists and neck for a complex floral fragrance that you can enjoy throughout the day.
- Apply a drop to a cotton ball and apply to spots and blemishes to take advantage of these oils’ cleansing properties.
- To maintain a healthy-looking complexion, make your own DIY Tea Tree face toning serum.
Face down your day with DIY body sprays.
- Use one of our DIY body spray recipes or tweak to create a fragrance that is 100 percent you.
How to use spring oils in your recipes
Elevate your veggies with Vitality oils.
- Steamed carrots, peas, or asparagus pair well with a single drop of Basil Vitality™ or Thyme Vitality™.
Fire up the grill.
- Toss apricots or pineapple with a bit of a neutral vegetable oil and add a drop of Basil Vitality™, then turn up the heat. Serve over a bed of arugula.
Dip into it.
- Mix 1 drop of Parsley Vitality™ with 2 tablespoons tahini. Add it to roasted potatoes, dip artichokes into it, or use it as a salad dressing. Seconds are a must!
6 spring diffuser blends
Crisp and Clear diffuser blend
- 3 drops Purification oil
- 1 drop Eucalyptus Globulus oil
- 1 drop Tea Tree oil
- 1 drop Tangerine oil
Sweet Springtime Renewal diffuser blend
- 3 drops Grapefruit oil
- 3 drops Lavender oil
- 3 drops Ylang Ylang oil
Raindrops on Rosemary diffuser blend
- 3 drops Rosemary oil
- 2 drops Purification oil
- 1 drop Spearmint oil
- 2 drops Tangerine oil
Down to Earth Spring Floral diffuser blend
- 2 drops Manuka oil
- 2 drops Bergamot oil
- 2 drops Frankincense oil
- 2 drops German Chamomile oil
Changing of the Seasons diffuser blend
- 3 drops Lavender oil
- 3 drops Lemon oil
- 3 drops Peppermint oil
Spring Blossom diffuser blend
- 3 drops Eucalyptus Globulus oil
- 2 drop Peppermint oil
- 4 drops Jasmine oil